• Are you already a driver with access to a vehicle?
• Do you have time to spare?
• Would you like to start voluntary work but don’t know how?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to these questions then York Wheels may be the voluntary organization for you! Community car schemes can help enormously to combat social isolation and alleviate peoples’ transport difficulties making a huge positive impact on the well being of the people using it, and those providing it too! Our drivers use their own cars to provide a transport service and are reimbursed their costs. If you have your own car, a few hours to spare each week and want to help, contact York Wheels on 01904 630080) to have an initial chat and to find out if we can be the voluntary organization for you.
TRUSTEES REQUIRED (IN PARTICULAR A COMPANY TRUSTEE AND A COMPANY SECRETARY : Do you have the following:
- Enthusiasm for fundraising
- Preferably some business experience (but not essential)
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to the organization’s mission
- Time commitment to attend monthly meetings and partake in York Wheels Ltd activities
The role of a Trustee at York Wheels Ltd involves ensuring the organization pursues its stated objectives by developing a long term strategy. Trustees must also ensure that York Wheels Ltd applies its resources in pursuance of its charitable objectives. Additionally, all Trustees are expected to contribute in activities of the charity including fund raising events and social events for the charity.
To get involved please called the office on 01904 630080 and ask to speak to Karen Woodward (Office Manager)